Last Saturday my brother was celebrating his birthday and I knew that he’d really appreciate a tin of baked goods. There was no question, however, about what to make because he had been hinting for 4 years about the same thing- Snicker’s cheesecake.
The original Snicker’s cheesecake, which he goes on about, was so delicious but it took more than 24 hours to set. Having woken up at 11 a.m. on Saturday I knew that there was no time to make the original so I had to come up with a worthy substitute.
After some serious thinking I realised that a baked cheesecake slice would be the perfect way to combine his two loves, Oreo’s and Snickers. It’s a gluttonous combination but luckily, on your birthday there is no such thing as calories so you can eat these slices to your heart’s content. (FACT)
P.S. Monday marks the beginning of chocolate week, so in celebration of the best food known to mankind, I present to you my latest creation.
- 360 grams cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 6 snickers bars chopped
- 1.5 packets of Oreo's
- 35 grams melted butter
- Whizz the Oreo's in the food processor until they look like sand
- Mix the Oreo's with the melted butter before pushing onto a lined baking tray
- Cook the crust for 10 minutes or until cooked
- While the base is cooking, whisk the rest of the ingredients together in a food mixer until everything is fully incorporated
- When the base has cooled down, pour the cheesecake filling on top of it and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
- Chill the baked cheesecake for 3 hours in the fridge (minimum)