This sandwich is perfect for University students and anyone who isn’t in the mood to do fancy cooking.
You simply tear apart a roast chicken, stuff it into fried rosemary bread and pour the gravy either directly into your mouth or if you have any self-control all over your sandwich.
This is a really hearty sandwich that is also the perfect solution to any leftover Sunday roast chicken. (Let’s pretend that happens)
- 1/2 roast chicken
- Half a loaf of white bakers bread
- Handful of spinach
- 1 x Gravy pot
- 200 ml boiling water
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Cut a thick slice from the loaf and spread the butter on both sides of the bread
- When making a pocket inside your slice of bread make sure not to cut all the way through
- Melt a tablespoon of butter along with the rosemary over a medium heat, once the pan is hot fry the bread until golden on both sides
- Stuff the fried bread with chicken and spinach (Don't worry if the bread breaks a bit)
- For the gravy, whisk the gravy pot with the boiling water until it thickens
- Serve the gravy hot either next to or on top of the fried sandwich and enjoy