8 thinly sliced peaches
100 grams of flaked almonds
125 grams brown sugar
110 grams butter
50 grams toasted muesli
0.5 L of boiling water
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/4 cup of whiskey
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
1. Cook the peaches, water, whiskey, cinnamon, nutmeg, 25 grams of brown sugar and 20 grams of butter together over a low heat for 15 minutes.
2. While the peaches are strewing rub the remaining butter and sugar together in a bowl until it forms a crumble. Add the toasted muesli to the crumble and toss the mixture together carefully with your hands.
3. Roast the flaked almonds over medium heat with a pinch of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of water. Wait until the sugar caramelises and makes the almonds sticky.
4. Sprinkle the crumble topping and caramelised almonds over the peaches and then cook the crumble in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the crumble from the heat and eat hot with custard. Delicious the next day served cold for breakfast.