With the weather expected to go over 30 degrees Celsius in some parts of the UK I thought I would a share an easy recipe for mini pulled pork sandwiches that would solve your upcoming ‘bring a plate’ barbecue conundrum.
Luckily supermarkets have caught onto the pulled pork trend and are selling pre-slow cooked pulled pork, so the original 5 hour cooking time has been taken out of the equation! All you are expected to make is home-made apple and red cabbage slaw.
1 pre-cooked pulled pork
1/2 shredded Red Cabbage
2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 shredded green apple
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper
6 hamburger buns
1. Cook the pork as per the instructions from your chosen supermarket brand
2. Shred the apple and the red cabbage together in a food processor before adding the mayonnaise, yoghurt and vinegar (If you don’t own a food processor you must cut the cabbage and apple into long, thin, even slices)
3. Stir all the ingredients together, season with salt and pepper, and then refrigerate until the slaw is needed. * I know some people like thick creamy slaw and others not so much, so as long as you stick to the ratio of 2:1 of Greek yoghurt to mayonnaise you can create a slaw to your personal taste.
4. To make the miniature buns use either a round cookie cutter or a water glass to press through a large hamburger bun. If it is not cutting through the bread use a sharp knife to cut around the edges
5. Toast these miniature hamburger buns in the oven or barbecue until golden before adding your condiments- I personally love huge amounts of barbecue and mustard
6. When the pulled pork is cooked, shred the meat with two forks and then assemble it onto your hamburger buns before adding the slaw
NOTE: If you want to get fancy add half a slice of cheese on top of the meat and let it melt either on the barbecue or grill but please do not heat the slaw.