For some it might seem obvious but to my sister, a woman who packs ski pants for a holiday to Barbados, travelling light perplexes her.
Last weekend I went to Florence for a mini-break and I packed so carefully that my boyfriend shared his carry-on suitcase with me. In fairness the split was 40/60 because of a curling iron, but who is splitting hairs?
Now I know what you are thinking, you assume that I achieved this feat while packing in Narnia with the help of my unicorn but you are wrong! Follow my top packing tips so that you too could start travelling light.
1. Travel conundrum- it’s hot weather outside but freezing while on board the plane. The solution is a pair of thin, ripped jeans-like Leighs by TopShop.
2. Stick to a black and white colour scheme- not only did Chanel prove that monochrome is classic but it allows you to mix and match outfits for a different look each day. This applies to bikinis too- gone are the days of matchy matchy!
3. Hot vacations leave me feeling sticky so I always pack travel sized body wipes and a spare shirt to wear when the weather cools at night- I consider this is a necessity, not a luxury.
4. Pack 1 multi-way bra that can be worn with everything.
5. ROLL your clothes side by side and stuff your underwear inside your shoes.
6. Always bring a coloured plastic bag for your dirty underwear- nothing is more mortifying than opening your carry-on at security and having everyone see your personals.
Here are my outfits from Florence (guys, I never promised you I was going to make the next Vogue cover). Happy packing and bon voyage!