I decided to bring gourmet, home-made Italian sandwiches to Chris’ work filled with pesto, parmesan, beef fillet and semi-sundried tomatoes. These tasted absolutely delicious and there have already been requests for more to be brought net week.
Chef Tip: To add extra flavour to the sandwich fry the bread in rosemary and the leftover beef fillet juice.
Green basil pesto
200 grams beef fillet
Salt and Pepper
(Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius)
1. Season the beef fillet with salt and pepper before quickly cooking over a medium heat , making sure to sear all sides of the beef
2. Once the meat is seared cook the fillet in the oven for 8 minutes (this will make it medium-rare)
3. While the fillet is cooking fry the bread in the meat juice with rosemary on a high heat until it is crispy and golden
4. Cut the cooked fillet into thin slices and begin assembling the sandwich
5. Layer and add as much pesto, semi-sundried tomatoes, parmesan and fillet as you can handle. It is also delicious with avocado and lettuce