Now that summer is sort of here in the UK I am craving healthy salads.
Here is my recipe for a salad packed with enough ingredients, flavour and kick to be a main course. Don’t forget that you could easily double or triple the ingredients if you want to serve this at a barbecue.
200 grams prawns
1 chorizo sausage ring thickly sliced
1 bag of spinach leaves
1 bag of snap peas
2 avocados cut into cubes
1/2 block feta cut into cubes
1 red pepper
3 chopped spring onions
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (as I like to measure it- 4 shakes of smoked paprika)
3 table spoons of sweet chilli sauce or smoked chipotle
- Boil water in a pot over a medium heat. Once it starts bubbling cook the snap peas for 2 minutes before quickly draining the hot water and leaving the peas under cold running water.
- When the snap peas have cooled down, roughly chop them into small pieces and put them aside.
- Slice the red pepper into long, thin slices before cooking it over a medium heat
- When the pepper softens add the prawns, chorizo and lemon slices to the pan.
- Whisk together the juice from half a lemon with the smoked paprika and two tablespoons of either sweet chilli or smoked chipotle (you are welcome to use both) before pouring the sauce onto the pan.
- Toss the spinach, feta, snap peas and avocado together before squeezing half of a lemon over the leaves along with the rest of the sweet chilli/smoked chipotle.
- When the peppers are completely soft, remove the pan off the heat before tossing all the ingredients together.
- Serve warm.