I made this delicious and extremely healthy soup for just under £5.00! So next time it gets close to pay day and you’re reaching for a seven pack of ramen noodles, go and buy these 5 ingredients instead.
Now, if you want to hear why your body will benefit from this soup recipe it’s because it’s low calorie and leaves you feeling fuller for longer.
But before you start grabbing every soup in the aisle like you’re playing supermarket sweep, don’t forget that not all soup is the same. Canned soup has higher sodium than freshly made and creamy soups like clam chowder are around 200 calories per cup.
This week on The Lifestyle Directory is soup week so get ready for more original recipes that will help you get closer to that summer body goal.
- 300 grams pumpkin and sweet potato mixed
- 200 grams spinach
- 250 ml chicken stock (low-sodium)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Heat the onion, garlic, pumpkin and sweet potato in a large pot over medium heat
- Once the vegetables are browned, pour the water and chicken stock into the pot
- When the pumpkin and sweet potato are soft add the spinach before blitzing the ingredients in a blender
- If you like your soup more runny feel free to add more water, I personally prefer it thick and chunky